Auto, Truck, Train and Bus Accidents
If you’re involved in a collision with a car, truck, train, or bus, you need to act quickly to protect your rights
The number of accidents on Virginia roads and highways has been steadily increasing over the past decade. In 2018, there were over 130,000 crashes resulting in 66,523 injuries. Sadly, these accidents also accounted for 819 fatalities.
In Fairfax County alone, there were 13,368 crashes causing 6,000 injuries and 47 fatalities.
One crash occurs every four minutes. The cause? Speed is the most common reason but alcohol and distracted driving all too often play a role in these accidents. If you've been involved in an accident and are seriously injured, you may be able to get compensation for your injuries, property damage, medical treatment, and lost wages.
Can I get compensated for my losses? How do I know if I have a case?
Over the past 40 years, the lawyers at Sickels, Frei and Mims have helped hundreds of seriously injured crash victims gain compensation for their losses. Make an appointment with us for a complimentary consultation. Bring any and all documentation you may have, including:
- police report and badge number of police officer on the scene
- your notes on how the accident occurred, who was with you, where you were going
- name and contact information for any witnesses
- photos taken at the scene
- property damage report
- details of injuries and treatment (hospital, treating physicians, medications, rehabilitative treatment)
Insurance companies are not always "on your side" and often crash victims come to us after the insurance company has made them an inadequate offer of compensation. Our attorneys have extensive experience in dealing with seriously- injured crash victims and preparing the expert testimony that fully portrays the extent of the injury, the resulting disability, current and future treatment costs, necessary housing remediation, current and future lost wages and more. We have spent more than 40 years working with crash victims and insurance companies. That experience matters.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Accidents with a truck or bus or other large commercial vehicle often involve serious or catastrophic injury. Most large trucking companies, for example, have accident reconstructionists on 24-hour call that respond to the scene of any significant accident. These agents will take photographs, interview witnesses, meet with investigating officers, and do all they can to minimize the trucking company’s responsibility for the collision.
But who’s there to protect you?
- Sickels, Frei and Mims has experienced and qualified attorneys to represent you.
Click here for just a few examples of how Sickels, Frei and Mims has helped victims of truck, train, and bus accidents:
- Train Derailment/Wrongful Death Suit settles for $4.577 million.
- $1.5 million for Dump-Truck Crash Victim.
- Motorcycle Crash Victim Awarded $1.7 million
- Jury Awards $1.5 million for Brain Injury from Collision: Defense Claimed Victim was "Faking"
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a car, truck, train, or bus, you may be unsure if you have a case.
Take this first step to find out:
Contact Us to schedule an initial consultation.