Our firm is one of the most experienced personal injury and medical malpractice firms in Virginia and the Washington, DC area. The partners, who have nearly 100 years of combined experience, have successfully tried or resolved hundreds and hundreds of cases dealing with defective products, medical errors, and wrongful death. Their track record of success and professional standards has earned them the highest rating by their peers in Martindale-Hubbell and The Best Lawyers in America.
In 2010, the firm was named as a Best Law Firm in the Washington Metropolitan Area with a Top Tier Ranking in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury by US News and World Report, in the publication's first-ever national rankings of law firms. The rankings were drawn from national surveys of clients and lawyers, asked to rate the law firms they considered the best in their practice areas. The firm earned this distinction again in 2011,2012 and 2013.
What makes us successful? A commitment to the highest standards of legal representation. We keep our caseload small, search for the very best experts to support your claim, use advanced research technology and exhaustively prepare your case. Our team includes associate attorneys, certified paralegals, medical technologists and experienced legal assistants. The firm as a whole, and each attorney individually, will aggressively pursue the results you seek.
HELPING THE INJURED SINCE 1975
The Sickels, Frei and Mims firm has evolved over the past 35 years into a partnership of consistently effective trial attorneys representing clients in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William, Loudoun and surrounding counties. The partners have spent decades representing the injured in cases involving serious accidents, medical malpractice, products liability and other personal injury litigation.
Read through our case files involving failure to diagnose cancer, defective knee prostheses, a massive train wreck, plane crashes, serious auto accidents and others and you'll see that experience, passionate representation and a record of helping the injured for more than 35 years...matters.
DO YOU HAVE A CASE?
When you were a child, if you threw a ball into your neighbor's window, you would have to pay to fix the window. That's what our mothers taught us and it makes sense. If you do something that hurts another, you have to take responsibility. Seeking just compensation for an injury caused by someone's negligence, as in medical malpractice or a serious accident, should be a simple matter too. Unfortunately, the law is not so simple.
Rules of evidence, doctrines such as "standard of care," contributory negligence and state-imposed caps on recovery are just a few of the items which make a personal injury case complicated. That is why the experience of your lawyer may make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Contact us to discuss how we could help you. There is never a fee for a consultation.
- Basics of Insurance - Part II In my last post, I provided a summary of the types of auto insurance that often come into play during a personal injury case. In this post, I will ....
- Basics of Insurance - Part I I often find myself explaining how auto insurance "works" to family, friends, and clients. Even the basics of insurance can be difficult to ....
- People are Natural Story Tellers McDonald's Hot Coffee-- Lesson for Trial Lawyers The telling of stories is a natural way for people to learn and convey ideas. In fact, it is so ....
- The highest 'AV' rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- More than 100 years of combined trial experience
- A proven track record of success
- A talented team with exceptional credentials
- A strict work ethic and thorough case preparation